Thursday, February 14, 2013

Color Me Peach and Red: An Ode to Valentine's Day

As a child I used to love Valentine's Day. It was a day filled with red and pink hearts, lacy dollies, and be mine, you're special, xoxo embossed candies. Hard to dislike such a sweet and lovie day.

That is until you have the misfortune of graduating into adulthood. Valentine's Day, in the land of adulthood, has gotten a bit of a bad rap. And I understand.

But this year, I've decided to dip into my childhood memories and bring a sense of fun and joy back into this day. And nothing sets the mood faster than the perfect outfit!

Welcome the Valentine's ensemble: pale peach over bright tomato red. All anchored by a touch of black, brown and peach tweed. Bright red has been all the rage the past couple seasons and I must confess, I'm a bit of a fan. And I love the fresh mix of red with unexpected peach or nude. 



My Ode to Valentine's Day
Peach blouse: old from H&M similar here, Red Pants: Gap similar here, Tweed Jacket: old from Club Monaco, Sunglasses: Kate Spade



Peach and Black Tipped Flats: Me Too
These are my absolute favorite flats...comfy with elastic trim all around the top for  perfect flexibility. And they actually stay on my feet (unlike most flats)!


Going from Day to Evening made easy with a quick change of accessories...
Pyrite Wrap Bracelet / Necklace: Jay + Renae, Clutch: a thrift store find, Sling Backs: old from Stuart Weitzman




Tell me, how do you make your Valentine's Day a bit brighter? Have a favorite outfit to share? Submit it at jayandrenae at gmail dot com and have it posted here!


Until next time, Happy Valentine's Day!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment