Sunday, January 27, 2013

Style Inspiration

Since I've committed to blogging about fashion tips and how to's, I decided I'd better brush up on some style tips myself! Keep in mind that the main reason I've decided to venture into this daunting area is for the simple fact that I'm desperate for a style makeover!

I've already waxed lovingly about my unhealthy relationship with a pair of black leggings on my other blog, but it's been an upward battle to keep myself from falling oh so comfortably into the yoga pants and sneaker trap. Oh how far have I fallen from the stylish days of yore (also known as the pre-baby/toddler days). The days that I didn't leave the house in four inch stilettos seam like a distant dream...

But no more. Black leggings and yoga pants be gone! I commit to making 2013 my most stylish year yet. Thanks for coming along on this journey with me.

So I did some poking around on the fashion blogosphere to help me get inspired for a more stylish year. Here is a round up of just a few that I found. All are a bit intimidatingly fashion-y but they do a fine job of inspiring me to kick my yoga pants to the curb!

Atlantic Pacific
Funiform...something I can definitely see myself trying. Minus the hat. Okay, the hat too!

Devon Rachel
Wild Thaang - adding printed pants into your wardrobe. Something I'm not sure I'll be tackling anytime too soon.

Of course the outfits I will be throwing on, I mean, putting together will have to be toddler friendly. That's always the big challenge. At first it was breast feeding,  now it's food stains, crayons, mud, snot..., you name it, it's getting on your clothes. So washable, washable, washable is still the almighty mantra, even in the most stylish year.

Thoughts? Ideas or fashion tips, questions you'd like to share? Leave them in the comments - I'd love to hear from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment