Thursday, January 24, 2013

New Beginnings

Why hello...it's been a while! Believe me that's not due to a lack of interesting events to post about. In fact, its been the very opposite! Let's just say that it's been a whirlwind of change and development. All for the better.

First off, an announcement.

I'm launching my official Jay + Renae website. After much debate and hand wringing, I've decided to take the plunge. Which means that I will be bidding Etsy a sad farewell in the very near future. I'll discuss the reasons in an upcoming post. (If you're visiting from my Etsy site, make sure to sign up for updates here so we can stay connected)! Now, let the web designing begin!

The website layout and functionality is coming along - so grateful to have found such a great website builder - easy going and fantastic to work with! And I just discussed the major design elements with my favorite graphic designer and friend and we're getting ready to implement the finishing touches in the next couple weeks.

Now I'm on the search for the perfect color palette. Enter this fantastic blog: Color Collective.

So far these are the contenders, all courtesy of Color Collective. Let me know what you think!

Pale Seafoam and Lilac w Steel Grey and Navy + Coppery Gold Accents
Image via Color Collective

Pale Pinks w Dark Aqua + Black Accents
Image via Color Collective

Bold Teal Green w Aqua Blue + Midnight Blue and Magenta Accents
Image via Color Collective

Aqua and Beige w Pale Coral + Black Accents
Image via Color Collective

I'm leaning towards the first color palette. I'm really liking the sophistication but still need to narrow down the color scheme to 4 colors to simplify things.

Thoughts? I'd love to get your feedback!



1 comment:

  1. I like the first and the last color groups. In the first one I think the copper is really interesting! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete